Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday...


So, I'm stealing...no BORROWING this idea from a friend of a friend. If I knew her or her blog I would credit her but I don't. The idea is you make a list of everything that you're thankful for from the last week and she is actually numbering them and trying to get to 1,000! So, here we go again...
12. I'm thankful that my husband made it home from Chicago safe and sound.
13. I'm thankful I survived a week being a single parent, without too many frazzled nerves.
14. I'm thankful for the amazing, beautiful daughter that God decided to surprise us with (and bless us with.) I'm amazed every day that something that beautiful could come from my husband and I. She's breathtaking.
15. I'm thankful for my rambunctious, lively, energetic toddler that God has blessed us with. He's so smart and fun and funny. His giggle makes me laugh uncontrollably.
16. I'm thankful for the time I get to spend giggling with my toddler. Case in point: Last night I kept on putting the small blanket we keep on the back of the love seat BACK up on the love seat. Suddenly, it became a game to him and he was running around, dodging me, trying to get to the love seat to pull it back down. He HIGHLY prefers daddy right now, so moments like that are like gold to my soul.
17. I'm thankful for all the baby giggles Eden has been giving me lately. Her belly and her thighs are really ticklish and she's been giggling up a storm.
18. I'm thankful for the time I've gotten to spend with my husband lately. I've been making it a point to try to get the house cleaned up BEFORE the kids go to bed so that he and I can have some time together. We've been doing our Love Dares (great BOOK!) and then playing Civilization 4 on the computer together. This way we're not just watching TV and not talking. We get to talk, joke and work as a team!
19. I'm thankful that Eden's been sleeping well and getting settled into a good nap schedule.
20. I'm thankful for my friend Alexis in Ohio. I've kept up with a few friends from Ohio, all of which I'm thankful for (Julie, Nicole, Jess, etc) but Alexis and I have a very different bond. Noah was born on her birthday, and her youngest son is just a few days younger than Noah. She's a NICU nurse, an amazing mother, wife and christian. She never fails to call at least every week or two and we probably could talk for hours if children didn't need tending to. She's one of my very best friends and I love her to pieces.
21. I'm thankful that I'll be making income soon!
Alright...your turn!


No comments: