Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pregnancy and Infant loss Remembrance day...

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I can't say I can relate to them. I can lend sympathy but not empathy because I've very fortunate that I've never lost a child. Something about being a mom though, draws me to blogs of other moms that have lost their children. I'm a nurse and a mom so I always want to make everyone feel better. If I could take away their pain and struggles, I would in a heartbeat.



What you may not know though, is that I have a condition that increases your chance for miscarriage. I have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, or PCOS for short. It's an endocrine disorder that can lead to a huge array of symptoms such as: adult acne, weight gain, trouble losing weight, insulin resistance leading to diabetes later in life, high testosterone, fertility troubles, facial hair....and it goes on and on. I am a member of an AMAZING group of women online called pcoscommunity.com. I sought this community after getting my initial confirmation of diagnosis (they had suspected it since middle school and DID NOTHING ABOUT IT!)in August of 2007. These women have been put through the ringer, but are still amazingly positive and supportive women. I have met a few of them IRL, but most of them I've just had long conversations online with...but yet I consider some of them very good friends! MANY of them have went through a loss. To me, a loss is a loss. It doesn't matter if you JUST confirmed the pregnancy or if you were close to full term. I can't imagine the pain they have gone through, and yet they are still such happy and awesome women. So, today, I'm thinking of EVERYONE that has lost a child, but specifically reaching out to those whom I know that has lost a child. *huggs*



Here are some of the blogs I read of women who have lost a child:



Be Strong and Courageous: One of the first blogs I had ever read. Joshua was born with his brain in a sac on the outside of his skull and lived an amazing time on this earth before going to be with Jesus. Susie is an incredible christian woman and encouragement!



Bring the Rain: Audrey was born with Trisomy 18 and only lived a couple of hours in her mommas arms before going to be held by Jesus. Angie is a witty, fun, hip girl with an amazing heart for God and bringing others to him.



Elijah Nathaniel Douglas: Was also born with his brain on the outside of his skull and only lived a few minutes with his mom and dad before going to heaven. Please send additional prayers for Steve and Marie, they have been going through a tough time financially and are still grieving over their beautiful baby boy!



The Life of Jacob Ryan Fahmer : Jacob was amazing little boy born with Trisomy 18. He lived for an amazing 4 1/2 months and has inspired thousands of people!



Waiting for Happy: This sweet momma has lost two sons to unknown causes (they are now considering EB to be the culprit) and just had a beautiful daughter who also has EB, but it seems a lesser form. She's real and inspiring!



The williams family blog: Patrice and Matt lost a little son shortly after birth to EB as well. Baby Jonah is Eden's age and is doing well despite his severe EB. She's a target lovin momma who is an inspiration to me. If she can stay positive, so can I!



There are probably a million more blogs, but these women I hold near and dear to my heart!

No comments: