Monday, November 16, 2009

Changing seasons...


There are many changing seasons in life. It's undeniable and inevitable... Sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometime its just a change. We've had so many changes in our lives in the last three years and right now...I just want peace. I want to stay where we're at, in the same jobs, with the same routine...

No, I'm not pregnant! LOL But I've been getting more and more tired from all of it. I LOVE my children and husband and I'm very blessed in my life, I won't deny it. I just wish life would slow down so I could catch my breath for 5 seconds.

Noah's doing well, but in the terrible twos and is starting to unlatch his diapers at night and wakes up soaking wet. Laundry and baths are not the first thing I want to think of in the morning!

Eden is GORGEOUS as ever and is crawling and putting EVERYTHING in her mouth. The 3 day old puffs that she found on the dining room floor must have been tasty this morning.

David's jobs going well but is stressful for him. He never feels like he catches up. He's doing very well for being in his first year, we're just hoping his bonus shows that!

I'm...tired. I've been going to bed early but still wake up wishing the kids would just sleep for 30 more minutes. I'm working three days a week as a home health nurse. I do like the work, and just got off orientation, but its already wearing on me. I'm working "flex-time" so they pay me per visit...and its NOT enough. Most of the other nurses get paid milage (I do as well) AND get paid hourly as their driving (I do NOT). I drove 150 miles on saturday. I had two routine visits, a discharge, an admission and a resumption of care. After working a couple of days, I'm realizing that the amt they pay me for a visit along with all the driving around and time spent at home finishing my doumentation ISN'T enough. I might as well be working at McDonald's...

"Hello, would you like fries with that?"

I spent about an hour saturday night and an hour sunday night finishing all my documentation for friday and saturday. I don't like that I'm spending all that time away from my family and I'm not getting paid for it. The season may be changing soon though... we will see.

No comments: