Tuesday, August 11, 2009

M.I.A...

Sorry! I know I've been MIA lately. A lot of things are going on in The Bowman household. My husband is a school bookstore manager so August is a REALLY crazy month. Also, I just got a job as a home health nurse and started on Monday. With both of us working the kids had to start daycare. Let me tell you...that was a hard day...and still is hard. Friday we did a trial run. David only works until 12 on most fridays (except for "rush" which starts tomorrow and ends in the beginning of September) so I went to work with him, helped him drop them off and get them settled and then hung out in the computer lab and went to Old Navy before picking him back up and going to lunch, a movie and more shopping! Let me tell you, it was so hard dropping them off, but we also had a lot of fun just the two of us. I had lobster and steak and then we went to watch G-force. I really didn't want to watch a kids movie on our first kid-free day in over 6 months...but it was the only one in our time slot that wasn't full of sex. We really try to see clean movies and use christiananswers.net to preview the movies before we see them. It actually was pretty good and cute. Then we went to Walmart (I'm so boring now...walmart excites me) and shopped just for ourselves. I'm sure I'm like a lot of parents when I say, "I don't spend money on myself." I really don't. Every time I put something in the cart for me, it comes back out because I'd rather spend that on the kids. PLUS, we haven't had an income that pays all the bills since January. David and I were both working in January in Houston when he lost his job. I then had to switch from working 1-2 days a week to 3 12 hour shifts just to get by. We were getting by with his severance and my job, but I stopped working in the middle of february because a precious little girl was on her way and I was just miserable. Then his severance ran out at the end of february so we didn't have income for about 2 months. Then after working April and May we moved here to Virginia on Memorial day weekend. So, long story short (holy rabbit trail!!) I haven't felt comfortable spending any money on myself. David and I both got some stuff we really needed and got something for a friend that she really needed and still made it out of there fairly reasonably. SO...lots has been going on. My orientation day was last monday and my first day in the office was this past monday. I now work friday and saturday this week and then its just going to be 2 days a week (friday and saturday) from here on out. The kids will go to daycare on fridays, and daddy will watch them saturdays. We may switch it up a bit in September and work Mondays and Saturdays so David and I can have some time together on fridays. We'll see. Hopefully I won't fall off the face of the earth again...SORRY!

No comments: